I had an alcoholic drink at a restaurant for the first time tonight! It’s a silly milestone, but not any less so than when I turned 18 and bought a lottery ticket. It was fruity and fun, but not any more fun than it would have been without gin. There was some of the richest Thai food of my life (green curry with seafood and noodles covered in peanut sauce) and I had fun hanging out with my mom, and also my drink had passionfruit juice, which is a million times more important than alcohol.
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $400,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
just a reminder: we’re two periods away from 2014.
you couldn’t just say months you had to measure time with your menstrual cycle
fUN FACT. the earliest form of a calender that’s ever been found was to keep track of an ancient person’s menstrual cycle. ppl with vaginas invented time. there is a reason that months are about the same length as the time between periods. that is all.
Other fun fact: “month” and “moon” sound the same for a reason. The crimson tide isn’t controlled by the moon, but it takes about the same amount of time as a lunar cycle. Take a guess as to why there are so many moon goddesses and why cultures with mother goddesses tend to give importance to the lunar cycle.
US Constitution, First Amendment: The right to assemble, to have free speech, to have freedom of the press.
Ferguson Police: Kicks out media and limits protestors to a “First Amendment Area”
funny, i thought the WHOLE COUNTRY was a first amendment area. silly me.
Wow. They are going to have so many lawsuits when all is said and done.